Very often, tomatoes do not have time to ripen, and you have to quickly figure out how to process the harvest of green fruit. By themselves, green tomatoes have a bitter taste and not very pronounced taste. To emphasize it often use strong aromatic and flavoring additives. For example, you can make wonderful pickled green tomatoes with garlic. Garlic taste will make the harvest sharp and piquant. Let's consider the possible options for the preparation of such tomatoes.
Recipe for pickled tomatoes with garlic and herbs
To make this savory snack, we need the following components:
- immature tomatoes - two kilograms;
- red hot pepper - five pods;
- fresh parsley - one big bunch;
- celery - one bunch;
- sprigs of fresh dill - one bunch;
- garlic - one medium head;
- salt to taste.
Cooking pickled tomatoes with garlic is as follows:
- Tomatoes are washed and cut crosswise to the middle of the fruit.
- Greens are washed under running water, dried and finely cut with a knife. Bitter pepper is cleaned from seeds, removed the core and cut into small pieces. Garlic is peeled and passed through a special press. All are combined in the same container and mixed with salt.
- Tomatoes stuffed with the mixture. Vegetables immediately spread in a prepared jar or plastic container. The container is closed with a lid and left in a warm room. In such conditions, tomatoes should be at least two weeks.
- During this time, the tomatoes will make juice, and the fermentation process will begin. In two weeks, the tomatoes can already be tasted.
- For storage ready-made tomato fit any cold room or refrigerator.
Attention! Taste pickled tomato quality for a month. Further, the taste of the workpiece will become less pronounced. Therefore, it is desirable to consume tomatoes for 30.
Pickled tomatoes in a pan with garlic
Pickled green tomatoes perfectly complement any holiday table. This spicy-sour snack will surely please your loved ones. Fresh greens that are part of the recipe will give the blank a special flavor. Pickled tomatoes fit almost any dish. With the recipe below you can make this tasty snack very quickly and easily.
To prepare pickled green tomatoes in a saucepan, you should prepare the following components:
- slightly whitened or brown tomatoes - 35 pieces;
- fresh parsley and dill;
- black and allspice peas;
- Bay leaf.
Stuffing for tomato stuffing is prepared from:
- red bell pepper - five pieces;
- hot red pepper - whole or half;
- garlic - one head;
- fresh parsley - one bunch;
- Dill sprigs - one bunch.
To prepare the brine, you must take:
- clear water - two liters;
- food salt - half a cup;
- Table or apple vinegar - 250 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - a glass.
The process of cooking savory snacks:
- First proceed to the preparation of the filling. To do this, you need to wash and peel the sweet and hot peppers. Garlic is also peeled, and parsley with dill is washed under running water. All this is placed in the bowl of a blender and thoroughly frayed. Everything, fragrant filling for tomatoes is ready. Such a spicy mixture goes well with sour green tomatoes.
- Tomatoes must be thoroughly washed and cut in half, but not completely. We will fill this section with the previously prepared filling.
- Put a sharp stuffing into a cut fruit with a teaspoon. Remember that in the composition there is a hot pepper, and it can get on your hands. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after cooking. Rubber gloves can also be used.
- Stuffed tomatoes are put tightly in a clean prepared pan (enameled). Between rows of vegetables must be put a few sprigs of dill and parsley. Also add bay leaf and peppercorns (black and sweet).
- Marinade must be prepared in advance, as it should cool. To do this, all the necessary ingredients are combined in one pot and bring to a boil.
- Cooled to room temperature with brine pour green fruit. The pot is covered with a lid of smaller diameter and set the oppression. For this fit any container filled with water.
- Keep such a snack should be in a cool place. After 7 days it will be possible to try the blank.
Tip! Sour tomatoes with garlic go well with meat dishes and potatoes. This appetizer is suitable for both festive and for the daily table.
These are the wonderful preparations that can be made from ordinary uncropped fruits. We are sure that at least one given recipe for pickled green tomatoes you liked. Be sure to cook delicious and flavorful tomatoes with pepper and garlic. All the more so as to make them soda easier. In winter, these snacks fly just to cheer.